One of the most important questions facing homeowners in today’s marketplace is, “Should I buy an existing house or a build a new home?” A common misconception when deciding whether to buy established or build is that building is too expensive. However, this is not always the case. Similar to the renting versus buying conundrum, building new versus buying established depends on a number of factors.
At Total Homes, we’re committed to providing Western Australians new single storey homes for amazing value. Here are the main reasons why we believe you should invest in building your new home with Total Homes.
Building a Brighter Future
At Total Homes, our aim is to alleviate some of your concerns about building a new home by outlining the stages in which payments need to be made, thus making the process more manageable for first time homebuilders.
Our ready for living homes start at $185,992, which is paid across five incremental disbursements (progress payments) from your home loan.
- Slab – The slab going down is the first major milestone in the construction of your new home. This is where you’ll be able to step foot in your future home for the first time and be able to start picturing what your new place will look like once it’s complete.
- Brick – Once the slab has been laid, your bricks will be delivered onsite and your home will literally start to take shape. The bricklaying timeframe may vary depending on the size of your home.
- Roof Cover – Now the walls are up, you can put a roof over your new home. Your roof carpenters will cut and fit together the roof joists to create the roof frame, your roof plumbers will install the gutters and windpipes, and your roof tilers will install your roof.
- Plaster Set – With the external structure complete, it’s time to move inside, with plasterers and renderers getting to work on your internal walls. Once the walls are set, your ceilings, cornices, windows and doors will be installed.
- Practical Completion – With most of the work done, it’s time to add your chosen finishes. You will then meet with your Site Manager for the Practical Completion Inspection prior to official handover, giving you the opportunity to see your dream home come to life.
When you partner with Total Homes, we want your new single storey home to be an investment for yours and your family’s future. That’s why we offer a complete building solution to help our clients get into their dream home with minimal fuss.
Additional Features Included
When building a new home, many people seem to forget about the slew of surprise costs that come part and parcel with building. With so much to think about when building your new home from signing the agreement to slab down to final touches, it’s easy to overlook these costs that can drive up the price of building and blow your budget.
Now thanks to Total Homes, you don’t need to worry about any of these unexpected extra costs sneaking up on you. All of our great value homes come ready for living and start at just $185,992. So not only will we build you a great looking home at a price you can afford, we’ll also include all the finishing items you usually have to do yourself after handover.
Our Ready for Living Pack includes:
- Full internal painting
- Ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning
- Stone benchtops to kitchen
- Premium Italian Artusi 900mm appliances
- Window treatments
- Floor coverings
- LED Lighting Package
- TV point and aerial
- Even the doorbell!
Choosing the Right Building Partner
If you’re still debating whether to build new or buy established, it’s crucial to do your research first before making a decision. A huge factor that comes into play when building a new home is the building company you chose. You want to partner with a builder you know and trust, with a proven track record for building beautiful homes within your budget.
As a division of Residential Building WA and backed by JWH Group, Total Homes is part of Perth’s third largest residential building company with over 20 years’ experience building beautiful homes across WA. This means, when you choose to build with Total Homes you can rest assured your new home build is in good hands.
If you’re interested in building a new single storey home and would like some more information on the costs involved, have a chat to one of the experienced building experts at Total Homes today.